Monday, September 5, 2011

Sarah can't get over autumn.

Today, I woke up to a beautiful, clear sky and the sun warming me from the window. I climbed out of bed, already chilly, and pulled on my favorite pajama pants and fuzzy socks. I stepped outside to see if my feelings were true--and they were! It was a glorious seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit, with the high being on eighty.

There couldn't be a more beautiful Labor Day.

After a quick shower and clothing change, I went upstairs to find my parents and sister sitting around the breakfast table with a stack of pancakes amongst them. Pancakes are my favorite breakfast food, and in the fall and winter my mom heats the maple syrup so they're extra yummy. I dug in and asked what we would be doing that day.

We decided to spend it enjoying the gorgeous weather and went to the park with a picnic for lunch. We also stopped at an outdoor mall and explored a flee market, which are also some of my favorite fall activities.

See, now that fall is here, that means I get to do a lot of things I enjoy. Campfires in my fire pit on my back porch, roasting smores with friends, haunted houses/corn mazes, pumpkin patches, wear my cutest clothing options, and decorate or cut jack'o'laterns (this year, I'm doing a Pretty Little Liars themed one that says "I'm still here bitches. --A" in honor of the Halloween special!). Also, since I'm not dressing up this year, I'm buying an orange shirt and stenciling the word "Costume" on the front for kicks.

And then there's Thanksgiving, which I'm spending on an out of town vacation this year. We're going to one of my family's favorite places, a tourist town in Missouri called Branson. We love it there and their Christmas celebration, which starts right on Thanksgiving, is so amazingly beautiful.

I love fall, and look forward to it every year. I know this one will be perfect because of all the things I have planned--plus I start my new job at TJ Maxx just in time for the new fall shipments!

What are your fall plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment