Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sarah wishes she was a princess. Mainly for the excellent hair.

My all time favorite princess.
Ariel comes in a very close second.
Over the past few days, I've been watching several Disney Princess movies. After getting over the initial shock that OHMYGOSHTHEY'REALLSOPRETTY, I realized something. I've seen this type of rant online and don't want to get into that. But I did notice that there are very few princesses who can save themselves, let alone a prince.

Watching the latest Disney Princess movies, The Princess and the Frog and Tangled, I realized that these princesses are strong and determined. Tiana knows that wishing on stars is okay, but you also have to work hard for what you want in this world. And Rapunzel starts out simply disobeying her mother, but goes on to realize that just because someone says they love you, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. And she ends up saving Flynn in the end, not the other way around.
Even though she's not officially a
princess, she has all the right qualities.
I think she should be added to the line-up.

Now I realize that, while I loved the princesses (especially Ariel. She saved her prince too), my favorite female Disney character was Mulan. I mean, talk about a strong, determined female character. She sacrifices everything for her family and risks her own life to save her father's.

This is the kind of female little girls need to look up to. And I'm so glad the latest princesses are following suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment